Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with 7474 bistable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayxflash

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 7474 configured as bistable, and I don;t know why the circuit is not working. the scheme is presented here: **broken link removed** , everything is ok, the 555 works correct, but whatever signal is entered in 7474, the circuit is not working. in my opinion the circuit diagram is not wrong. any ideas ?

1. Do you have 5V supply for the 7474? Asuming yes if you followed the schematic (o;

2. Is the LED blinking when you press your remote control?

3. If so..is there a signal coming out of the 555? And you also see it at pin3 of 7474?

Actually, the schematic appears to be wrong. In the circuit, Preset-not and Clear-not of the 74LS74 are wired low. According to the 74LS74 data sheet, that is an unstable configuration that will forever output logic high on both Q and Qnot, regardless of clock activity. Wire preset and clear to logic high if you want it to operate as a multivibrator. If it still does not work then double check your VCC (pin 14) and ground (pin 7) [for a 14 pin device].

Download https://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd74ac74.pdf for a datasheet. (Fairchild and National Semi datasheets state the same thing.)

ok guys, that was the problem, those 2 pins had to connect to Vcc not to GND. now it works just fine. thanks for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back