Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem on Place&route when using Global optimization = Speed on MIG controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port Map

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, please help me.

I've problem on using MIG Example design. Place&route goes failed when I set Global optimization = Speed on Map properties(any other thing is not changed).

I used default example design and default ISE project for MIG controller(only changed Global optimization)

some info:
## FPGA family: virtex6
## FPGA: xc6vsx315t-ff1156
## compoenent MT41J64M16XX

no error reported but place and route failed with this warning:
WARNING:Route:436 - The router has detected an unroutable situation for one or more connections. The router will finish the rest of the
design and leave them as unrouted. The cause of this behavior is either an issue with the placement or unroutable placement constraints.
To allow you to use FPGA editor to isolate the problems, the following is a list of (up to 10) such unroutable connections:
Unroutable signal: u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[1].u_phy_dqs_iob/dqs_p_iodelay pin: ddr3_dqs_n<1>/O
Unroutable signal: u_memc_ui_top/u_mem_intfc/phy_top0/u_phy_data_io/gen_dqs[0].u_phy_dqs_iob/dqs_p_iodelay pin: ddr3_dqs_n<0>/O

I need this option on map properties because I want to use this design inside other project that needs this option.

Re: Problem on Place&route when using Global optimization = Speed on MIG controller

Did you use the wizard recommend pin placement? It looks like you didn't. That message would show up if the dqs pin is not on one of the dqs pin locations on the bank. You better follow the banking rules for ddr3, or use the wizard's placement unchanged.

Re: Problem on Place&route when using Global optimization = Speed on MIG controller

I used default pin out with out any change.

the test is so simple.
I make a project with core generator with default pin location, then make default ISE project and set global optimization on speed from map properties and run Place & route. Map goes OK but Place and route fails. (with out changing Map properties every thing is ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back