Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem of vcs on linux2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockie

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody help me about this problem. and the same script can be run well under solaris. paltform is redhat fedoral kenel linux2.4.22.
/opt/tools/vcs7.0/intel_i686_linux_2.4/lib/libvcs.a(daifind.o)(.text+0x1afb): In function `CIhash':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
/opt/tools/vcs7.0/intel_i686_linux_2.4/lib/libvcs.a(daifind.o)(.text+0x1b04): In function `CIhash':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_tolower'
/opt/tools/vcs7.0/intel_i686_linux_2.4/lib/libvcs.a(pliTf.o)(.text+0x4230): In function `tf_getBaseNum':
: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../simv] Error 1
Make exited with status 2
CPU time: 9.080 seconds to compile + 1.140 seconds to link

I think you should try it on RH7.2.

Recompile your linux kernel maybe resolve the issue. I can use VCS7.0 on Redhat 8.0.
Please check you gcc and ld version.

thriller_wu said:
Recompile your linux kernel maybe resolve the issue. I can use VCS7.0 on Redhat 8.0.
Please check you gcc and ld version.

Could you tell me which configure should be change in recompile procedure ind details . I just compile the new kernel 2.6.4 and the above error still in.
Tx !

Why not try Redhat 8.0? It will be ok.

thriller_wu said:
Why not try Redhat 8.0? It will be ok.
I just want to know whether the different version compiler or link (GCC/LD etc.) result in this error. I notice that there two lib in $VCS_INST_DIR/intel_i686_linux_2.4/lib: libvericGCC295.X.a and libvericGCC3.2.X.a. I think these lib maybe compiled by synopsys for the same version of GCC. now I can run Modelsim5.8b and design compiler 2003.03 well on this platform and I will try other EDA tools such as prime time and formality on Fedoral core 1.

as you mentioned i will try it on redhat 8.0 later . Thanks.

In this version linux , i have install debussy 53v3 ,it work well.
LDV4.0 have the error" /lib/libsimcontrol.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference".
DC2002 run well.
magma have the error "/lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (139)",
so i think this version linux is no good for eda
software.

Status
Not open for further replies.