Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in HFSS version 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeshanqam

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Any one here using HFSS version 15?? I am facing a problem in designing HFSS version 15. It shows ambiguous radiation pattern for a simple coax fed patch antenna. If some one has simulated simple coax fed patch antenna, please send me the file. Thankyou in advance..

There is a coax fed patch in the example files that come with HFSS. go to file->open examples->antennas->tunable coax fed patch.hfss

Thnks reidinstansit,

But i need to know that any one who is using hfss version 15 has got any problem regarding radiation pattern.. The radiation pattern of patch antenna designed in version 15 is wrong but it is giving me the right radiation pattern in version 13.

Please upload version 13 file if you can so we can duplicate comparison.

Please upload version 13 file if you can so we can duplicate comparison.

here is the file... of version 13..

- - - Updated - - -

if u have any simulations of probe fed patch antenna in version 15. please upload..

Attachments

• Project2.rar
    23.5 KB · Views: 93

Hi,

I tried the simulation with HFSS 13 and 15, and I got similar results in terms of matching and radiation patterns. My only concern is that you use an air-dielectric coaxial, or you forgot to assign material (e.g. Teflon) to the air in the coaxial probe.

Regards,

Pere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back