Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in converting HFSS file to garber file

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad idrees

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to All

I Have designed an antenna using HFSS 15. Now i want to fabricate it for realization of the simulated results.
The problem I am facing is how to make Garbar file for fabrication? HFSS export only DXF File but when I open DXF file in DXF viewer the dimensions are not matching to the exact ones.

Please guide me to convert HFSS file ->Garber File.
Thanks in advance

dxf files, other than pdf or bitmap graphics come with exact dimensions, because it's a mechanical CAD data format. If you see wrong size, it's either a problem of your viewer or wrong dimensions setup in HFSS. Nevertheless dxf files can be scaled to intended exact size in a CAD tool.

A number of full featured gerber tools can import dxf and convert it to gerber, e.g. GraphiCode GC PowerStation or Altium Designer's built-in CAMtastic.

Hi,

For convert HFSS file to Gerber:
1. Select the resonator and ground plane (in case of patch antenna)
2. Go to Modeler->Export->GDSII files (.gds)
3. Import your gds file
4. Go to Layers dialogs and insert the sustrate
5. Got to Layout->Settings ->display-> solid
6. File -> export -> gerber

I hope that its help you.

Dear gpalomino,

After 2 step you have mentioned i completed but from 3rd step is not clear to me, can you post a clear description?

Thanking you

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

In the 3rd step: File -> Import -> GDSII -> select your file created in the 2nd step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back