Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem finding the roots of a function

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrossanovA

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I need to find the complex roots of a funcion, to check a method, so I can use it later to desing a filter. I have some problems.

The function is this:
**broken link removed**

Where ω1=1.61179 and ω2=-1.96546.

What I don't understand is the expression 1±j ε Cn(ω), so I don't know how to evaluate the function correctly. (I couldn't find the right character so I used epsilon)

Thanks in advance.

It's quite a stupid expression, normally it should ask ou for the zeros of C(w) which would then be complex numbers as those listed afterwards(try finding the zeros with a computer for Cn(w))

The symbol used is "part of" so ... Cn(w) should be seen as an ensemble of elements, or its zeros form that ensemble...

Is Cn(w) the denominator of a transfer function, since its zeros become the poles of something?

If you know MATLAB then it will be very easy to calculate and also helpful to ur future problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back