Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem about output pin of ADF4351

Status
Not open for further replies.

torbai

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am reading the datasheet of ADF4351, and I have a question about its output pins.

The output pins are differential, and I desire a broadband output matching. The recommended method in datasheet(page 27) is using a 50 \[\Omega\] resistor connected between pin RFOUT and power supply. But there are two output pins: RFOUTA+ and RFOUTA-. How should I add the 50 \[\Omega\] resistor? Should I use a balun? or just using only one of those pins would be fine?

hi, you can find details in the datasheet or the reference circuits.

Depends how much output power you require from it. If you want to maximize output power and also need wide bandwidth, you'll want to use a transformer balun, with the center tap of the transformer connected to Vvco. Keep in mind that the S22 of this will be poor, despite getting more output power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back