Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PPP IP is set to zero automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshkumar123

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have two network interfaces 1) PPP(RAS) 2) Ethernet on my device. I have a software on PC to communicate with a device connected over a PPP network through serial cable.
The IP for the PPP interface is assigned by the device which communicates over the PPP interface.
The device has its IP address configured in its EEPROM.

The communication between PC and device can be performed in the following 4 scenarios.

1)Ethernet enabled and "Use default gateway on remote network" check box in the RAS entry is unchecked.

2)Ethernet enabled and "Use default gateway on remote network" check box in the RAS entry is
checked.

3)Ethernet disabled and "Use default gateway on remote network" check box in the RAS entry is checked.

4)Ethernet disabled and "Use default gateway on remote network" check box in the RAS entry is unchecked.

I am able to connect the device through PC with above scenarios 1,2 & 3. But i am not able to connect the device in the scenario 4.
In this 4th scenerio, the PPP connection is established and 2 packets are sent/received between PC and device.

When i try keep on reading the PPP IP of the PC by typing "ipconfig" in command prompt continuously, the PPP IP of the PC is shown as 0.0.0.0 and as a result of this the PPP link is getting disconnected.

I would like to know at what conditions the PPP IP of the PC would be set to zero.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.