Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powersupply is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirag2239

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Please check the power management section in this attached circuit. What's wrong in this? When I switch ON the circuit, inrush resistor burns out.

I need 36V/500mA output.

The value of X-rated capacitor C11 is 6.6uF, the resistor in parallel with the capacitor, R14 is of 470k. R15 is the problem creator that burns out while switching ON the circuit.
Bridge is of 1.5A, C12 is of 10uF/400V, R16 is also a PC(Problem creator) and I have selected the value of R16 is 100R/1W, a single zener diode of 36V/1W is connected.

But no result. It does not work. Can anyone please help me to select the proper values of the components? I am making LED Tubelight driver. The other part in the attached document is of LED driver. But for that, proper source is required that can provide the current of 500mA to 1A to the circuit that can drive the current from this source. A single driver unit draws 500mA current, and both combined will take 1A current.

So first I am trying to develop the circuit of proper source. And while switching ON the circuit, R15 burns out. What is the reason? Why is it happening?

How can I calculate the value of the components?

Thanks.
Chirag

Attachments

• LM3402 Design - Copy.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 69

hi,
How have you calculated the required wattage for R15 and R16, you say R16 [100R] is only 1 Watt rating, at 500mA.?
E

hi,
How have you calculated the required wattage for R15 and R16, you say R16 [100R] is only 1 Watt rating, at 500mA.?
E

Hello,

I do not know how to calculate that's why I am here for the help. I have selected them randomly and from one of the circuit from google images.

That's all.

If you know how to calculate then you are welcome for suggestions. I have asked for the help.

Thanks.
Chirag

Attachments

• A001.gif
    A001.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.