Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Transformer: Need help to find replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclau256

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have this faulty Power Transformer (see attached picture for body marking). I tried to source vendors but not help. I tried to google the body marking also cannot find. Need your help. Thank you very much.

Faulty Transformer Picture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

A high frequency SMPS transformer, most likely custom made for the specific product. Unlikely to find a replacement by part number. How do you even know it's faulty?

Hello, thank you very much for your reply. Its coil has been measured with Blue Ring Tester (below picture; None LED light on indicating coil short) after measuring the coil resistance ok.

Measured with Blue Ring Tester.png

Unless you have a specification of the accepted Q and L range of the tester, I would be cautious to decide about transformer health state. If the transformer has a winding short, it should be indicated for all windings.

Apart from test result interpretation, there's still the question of finding a replacement.

Hello, I am checking the specification of accepted Q and L range of the tester. I measured the windings with LCR Meter. Please comment. Thank you very much.

LCR Measurement.png

Status
Not open for further replies.