Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply for RF circuit LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

clk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm trying to test a LNA but the only thing I get in the VNA is similar to noise.

When we need to connect the VDD and GND of a LNA to a power supply that is outside the test chip, we introduce a long path for the current. Or not?
It seems to me that the chip needs to have the power supply as close as possible from the LNA. Am I correct?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

clk

You need to mount the chip on a PC board with the same bypass capacitors around it that you would use in the final product.

Using a probe station will, as you mention, add inductance and noise pickup to the power rails.

If you care the noise effection. you can use the Low noise LDO(like MAX8867....) near your chip.

The long path will induce the IR drop in your chip power system. if you can not reduce PCB path ,the kelvin sensing is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.