Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power estimation & power table (when used in DC & PTPX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

childs72

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I had ran power estimation on DC & on PTPX (with .vcd file). I used same libraries for both tools. DC is able to report power without warning/error. However, PTPX complaint one of my IP does not have valid internal power table in its library...
1. After opened the .lib of the IP, I found that there is only 1x2 power table (while my other libraries generally have bigger power table). Is this the reason PTPX consider this is not valid table?
2. Why DC does not complaint about invalid power table?

Thanks.

DC doesn't do a great job at estimating the power numbers. It is not designed to do this. PTPX is the right tool.
The flow
DC gets the netlist --> P&R--> Prime_time ( so that the timing is fixed with the correct slews and loads)....
and then PTPX which can read in the constraints along with the post_layout parasitics+timing info for calculation of the dynamic power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back