Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power consumption in LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_ss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Someone please tell how to caclulate power consumption of LNA and is it ok if i use resitore in LNA design?

Power consuption is related with Q point of the transistor that u use. You can calculate the power consuption using P=current*voltage

thanx a lot for your answer.If possible Please also tell me that

1...if i dont use any resistor in my LNA then can i say that the LNA does not dissipate power?

2...What is the typical output power of LNA?

3...Is it ok to use a resitor in LNA Design or it should be resistor less?

s_ss said:
thanx a lot for your answer.If possible Please also tell me that

1...if i dont use any resistor in my LNA then can i say that the LNA does not dissipate power?

2...What is the typical output power of LNA?

3...Is it ok to use a resitor in LNA Design or it should be resistor less?

1. Active device still has several certain parasitic resistors.

2. The output power of LNA depends on the input power and the gain. So, this concept is not exists.

3. Resistor can be used in LNA design, i.e. bias part, etc. But you had better not use resistor in signal path, especially for input matching. Or, you will cry.

thanx pehghan! i know its unfeasble to use resistor in matching network ..I used a resistor in bias network but someone suggested to replace this resistor with the components of matching network to avoid resistors.Is it ok?Also is it good to use resitor in core LNA Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.