Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post simulation of back-annotated pnr netlist does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirac16

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm facing a problem with a post-pnr simulation. I know the question has been asked several times out here but I have not found the answer yet.

I did post-synthesis with DC compiler, my timing constraints were met and the simulation of the netlist+SDF works as expected. I did PnR with Innovus, my timing constraints are also met, however non of Tchecks are annotated, which is possibly why I have got erroneous results. Here is a snippet of a NCverilog run:

Code:
Annotating SDF timing data:
        Compiled SDF file:     my.sdf.X
        Log file:            
        Backannotation scope:  Counter_tb.DUT
        Configuration file:  
        MTM control:          
        Scale factors:        
        Scale type:          
    Annotation completed successfully...
    SDF statistics: No. of Pathdelays = 79  Annotated = 100.00% -- No. of Tchecks = 25  Annotated = 0.00%
    Building instance overlay tables: .................... Done
    Building instance specific data structures.
    Loading native compiled code:     .................... Done
    Design hierarchy summary:
                         Instances  Unique
        Modules:                41      19
        UDPs:                    5       1
        Primitives:             55       7
        Timing outputs:         39      12
        Registers:               7       4
        Scalar wires:           47       -
        Always blocks:           1       1
        Initial blocks:          1       1
        Timing checks:          35       7
        Interconnect:           77      41
        Simulation timescale:  1ps

As you see nothing of Tchecks are annotated. The design is a simple 5b counter that has got two inputs clk and reset, where reset is asynchronous to the clk signal. In my testbench I made sure that the active edge of the reset signal has enough delay from rising edge of the clk so that hopefully should not make any problem.

I did formal equivalence check with the original RTL netlist and I found the post routing netlist to be equivalent. I used -version 2.1 for my SDF file to match the standard cells, and also used -target_application verilog to optimize the sdf for simulations. So anyway what are the possible symptoms that you might think of? I am really out of any idea. Hope you shed some light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back