Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

POST a Power Supply Diagram for the PIC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryforever

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power supply 24 volt,12 volt,5volt diagram

Helloo..
Im new to the field of microcontrollers..
Im interested in developing a ECU and i have planned to use microchip PIC Midrange controllers ... I did connect the chip to my rectified dc 12 v ..
Before connecting i should have checked the amps but i dint it showed 1.2 amps
i fried the chip..
can some one post a power supply circuit for the microcontroller..
I think the microcontroller needs 5v and 100ma ..
can some one post a diagram

power pic24 5 volt

A simple LM7805 will work fine.
7805datasheet.gif

5v 100ma power supply circuit diagram

You will need some power for your circuit, preferably a stable +5 Volt. If you don't have a real power supply I recommend using a wall-wart (a big line plug with a transformer) plus an 7805. The circuit is dead simple (see attach image) and will work for all wall-warts that provide either 8 .. 24 Volt AC or 12 .. 32 Volt DC. A 7805 is both short-circuit and thermally protected, so it is difficult to damage. If you want to draw substantial current from this circuit you should use a wall wart with a lower output voltage, and put a big heat sink on the 7805.

Other options to obtain power are:
1. a PC game port or USB port (your PC might be damaged when you draw too much current!)
2. a 9 Volt battery + an 7805 (be sure to disconnect the battery between experiments, otherwise the 7805 will drain the battery quickly)
3. a 4.5 Volt battery (not for the 16F84 - the one without A -, and at most at 10 MHz, preferably at 4 MHz or lower)
4. Finally you can use a pc power supply as your LAB power supply(Now I am using it & it is a great idea.).You may find -5V,5V,3.3V,12V,-12V,17V(using -5V & 12V),10V(using-5V,5V),24V(using-12V&12V)and many more you need.You may also have 400W or more power for your big project.Just a simple modification needed for it. If you interested I will help you.

power supply diagram

i do have a supply which gives me only 12 v and 1.3amps of supply
how can i bring it down 5v 100ma

pic power supply circuit 7805

the 78L05 is the right power supply for IC's. please check this document and see the application for added information:

regards,
randell_xtian:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back