Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Polynomial calculation program request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,I need an help to find an utility for calculating an N order polynomial starting from a well defined number of points.
Thanks in advance,best regards.

Stark

i would start with "Numerical Recipes In C"

/http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html

why not try matlab, mathcad or vissim
with these tools, u can solve any problems only if u can state them in mathematics way.

MATLAB Has a s special toolbox for this purpoce, it is called Curve Fitting Toolbox.
It is ideal for fitting data to all kind of linear and non-linear functions.

It is ismple to use and very powerful. You can approximate the further direction of your data as well as very powerfull eror analysis

Try it!
for more info see the link in Matlab web-site h**p://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/curvefit/

Numerical Recipes In C is for programming aproach. I suggest Matlab (no need for a Curve Fitting Toolbox, the basic commands have the tools for plynomial fit). Other SW (Mathematica, Derive, MathCAD) can do as well as Matlab. I don't have info. on stand-alone SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.