Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PM Synchronous motor Id-Iq current control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umit45

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement the current control (Id, Iq) of a four pole PM synchronous motor. I am having trouble in making the Iq current follow a set reference.

PI.jpg

I had also implemented a cascaded speed control for a dc motor.

cascaded.jpg

In that case, I adjusted the gains of the PI controller (inner loop/current loop) by stalling the motor and checked if the motor current followed the set reference current. It worked in this way for the dc motor. I thought of doing the same way for Iq but I am not getting the expected results.

In delta configuration of the stator, if I make the integral gain to be zero, the motor does not rotate. The motor starts rotating if I increase the integral gain to 1 and the speed increases as I increase the integral gain and reaches the maximum value depending upon the supply voltage.
If I stall the motor at different speeds, I get different values of Iq, say for 30 rad/s I have a current of 30mA and 60 rad/s, it is 50mA.
The motor current (Iq) is not following the reference current for any change I am making in the Kp and Ki values

Is there any other approach to achieve the PI control for both the currents?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.