Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls help : how to monitor and archive data

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.mserry

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls i want to monitor and archive ( V , I) data of a solar cell panel how can i do this ?

Depends on the budget.
You may be able to find some old industral chart recorders. Ones used in petro industry come to mind.

You can build some electronics to mesure the two values and digitize it with a ADC. Then you could use a micro processor or interface to a PC and archive the information.

with a simple search on the web I got
**broken link removed** I am sure there are many other vendors of similar products (not that I saw this company has exactly what you need)

@Sckoarn
-------------
thank you......but the problem with me is how to archive ....i found a method for monitoring with LCD screen ....chart recorders is an old method

There several commercially available projects which can DAQ and Log to a PC via serial port or USB. These would accomplish your task almost right out of the box.

However, if your up to DIY, then check the attached Project PDFs, which seem to be in the ballpark of what your attempting to accomplish. The both use a PIC or AVR mcu and can DAQ and Log. If you do use these designs, please drop the designers an email thanking them for the blogs.

Hope the info helps in your endeavors.

Attachments

• PICPowerMeterMonitor.pdf
    718.9 KB · Views: 96
  • AVR-WattmeterLogger.pdf
    268.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PIC-VI-DataLoggerProj.pdf
    274.8 KB · Views: 109

Or you can use a readymade voltage/current like the one in the link below

**broken link removed**

Use thise nice complete projects with ATMega168

"LCD Shack DC-power meter 1.5 & 2.0"