Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting parametric sweep results in HFSS 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

How can I plot the results (with respect of frequency) of parametric sweep in same plot. I have tried to select design via HFSS->Results->Solution Data and HFSS->Results->Browse Solution but I think I just manage to plot the nominal design.

Thanks,
Markus

I'm sure you can do this:
Right click Results > Create report > Select S-par then OK > on SOLUTION (left-hand side), select Setup1 SWEEP,
Then select the frequency you want > ADD TRACE (bottom of window), then keep adding several traces.
NOTE: this works with S-Par ONLY. If you select Field or Near-field, you'll ONLY see 1 frequency at a time.

Cheers

hi another way is you can use a third party tool such as matlab to do it .
but you firstly need to export your results from HFSS ,for example Sdb1 ,Sdb2 vs. frequency into a .txt file(or .dat etc), then use matlab to plot it .
origin is another tool
maybe this can help
kaka

a) Please give link to that "origin" program.

b) To export plot, always use tab-separated:

1) Select export,
2) then select: Tab-separated
3) Save file then open it with excel.
4) Excel automatically put all the columns nicely because the fields are tab-separated.
5) repeat with several plots to combine them together.

xxx.

it is very good information thank you guys and thank you costox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back