Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLease Vote: Electronics Engineer Vs Computer Engineer

Which field is better?

• Electronics\E&TC Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COmputer\IT Engg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Electronic engineer can learn software programming quickly and they can work as a IT engineer but IT engineer must spend a lot of time to work as an EE. Hehe. So I voted for EE

:?: Confused!!
I am a post graduate in power electronics working as a software engineer in an Automotive company... which option should i vote for??

It is, really not necessary to differentiate like this, one can not stand without other.

we cant say which is better both are dependent on each other without programming who will control the chips designed by electronics ..with out hard ware what is the use of writing programming....

though I pick electronics
I dont think electronics has more global market than computer engg. They were equal at all.

I'm from Vietnam, in my country, many student do want to study electronics but after graduating, many of them study computer to find a good job. Electronics is interesting but it's difficult to find a good job in my country.

EE

Added after 33 seconds:

ECE

as i am electronics and communication engineer i support electronics

because it is evergreen and its life is also good

there are many fluctuations in computers and now the computers market is too bad.

Lots of factors have to be taken into account in our comparisons (jobs opportunities, salaries, difficulties ...)

electronics field is better

By
Muthamil

Though both are interdependent, Software cannot survive without a hardware but a hardware can still survive without a software (Analog devices).

Dears Adab!

I vote for computer engineer, not being computer engineer by myself-final semester, but on the basis of the fact that our class can compete electronic engineering class in electronics (Our teachers say that our class is even better) and they can not compete us in software.

Well, it seems that everyone is placing his vote, so here comes mine...

ELECTRONICS!!

EE...
Electronics cirquits, FPGA- CPLD, MCU, programming, Board design, simulation, PC application for (MCU) design, power electronics, analog and digital components, ASIC...
This is knowlege base for EE.
Difficult? Off course! Interesting- hope so.

I think is better Electronics Engineer than EC
but...

The better is depend on you.....
in some case software depends to hardware..
10-20 years ago software has faster growing economy and it was developed more rapidly....
but nowadays The hardware has more development rate
in another case if you think about Optics...Quantum Computing or Spintronic that certainly leads future computing devices and matters so what about electronic in the compare with software.........someone may say software is for ever.....but hardware is changing
in another point of view most of new computing Tech. researches done by EE staffs so.....

and in another point of view most of good universities just have one department :Electrical Engineering and Computer Science...so there isn't much difference between them....

I don't vote because it finally depend on you.....

Computer Engineering
Because computer engineering is the one and only field to design the whole devices of the world. electronic engineer may work on the hardware part only and only, and need software professional to complete a complete device. only a COMPUTER ENGINEER can design every devices.
so don't fuck with computer engineering.

Both are important . There is much knowledge complecated together between electronic and computer. I am studying electronics , but the computer skills are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back