Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with constant VF motor driver

DELTA67

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have successfully simulated this VFD driver:

How to add constant VF option please if the motor is rated 230V, 50Hz?
I know that I need to scale the values in the lookup table, but how?
Another question, if I change the PWM carrier frequency from 31kHz to 8kHz, Have I to use another lookup table? How to generate it?
Many thanks in advance.

to filter SPWM pulses at the final stage as dependent on load and frequency. It may be necessary for you to test different LC values (in the 2nd-order low-pass filter) in order discover what circumstances require which values (and/or L:C ratio).

Thanks Bradtherad for your contribution in the thread.
The inherent LR filter load representing the motor will "convert" the SPWM into a pure sinodal electric signal.
the motor acts as a low pass filter. The inductance and resistance of the coils windings create a low pass RL filter. Further, the inertia of the rotor and load creates a mechanical low pass filter.
--- Updated ---

A VFD however can't run with constant V/F above rated motor frequency without either using a higher input respectively DC link voltage or rewiring the motor from wye to delta (if not already delta wired).
I think it runs faster but with less torque, no?
How to implement overmodulation?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back