Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me with a PCB rework quote (US, California)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
what is the california rework rate

Folks,

How do you calculate a quote for PCB rework? I need to write a quote for the following:

Replacement of three (3) TSSOP chips on the board with a total pin count of about 150. That will be repeated for 3 boards. No regulatory bodies (such as UL, CE, MIL-spec, medical, ISO, etc) are involved.

Also, what would others normally charge for such job?

Thanks!
Kender

pcb rework mil specs

I would suggest that you estimate the time and materials cost and use that.

In general, I would be hesitant to quote on a job you are not familiar with unless you have enough free time to handle the case when the job requires vast amounts of labor and material that you had not anticipated. Do not be surprised if you end up working for a very low hourly rate in the end.

The good part is that you will gain much experience that you can use on the next project to your financial advantage.

I would suggest that u first find out what type of PCB u need. They come in fiber glass and another is... i have forgotten but can withstand higher temp compared fiber glass.

I've done similar work for an employer (who was paying me salary). But I've never timed myself. I have to admit, I'm not great at time estimation. My best guess is that it would take (conservatively) and hour per board.

Additionally, I want to know, what's the approximate market price for this type of work.

Cheers,
Kender

The charge depends on the amount of work needed, how many layers you want it. And also a through hole chip or a SMT

vikadik said:
The charge depends on the amount of work needed, how many layers you want it. And also a through hole chip or a SMT
Dude, do you know the difference between PCB rework and PCB (re)design? How do you think, I will add or remove layers to/from the existing loaded PCB? Read the original question carefully.

It also depends on the type of equipment you have. TSSOP soldering/desoldering is not so long to do with hot air and the proper nozzles.

the price should include your labor, equipment investment, your skill, meterial, and other cost, add them up,

also add your gurantee to do your job well, it is not free.......

here i have asked one of my friends to do some rework free of charge......... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back