Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me to Solve this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS_Electric

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey, I'm an apprentice and I've been left on my own for the day, so bear with me here!

I have a problem with my switching. Testing between neutral and phase at one switch, I get 230V, but at the 2nd switch I get nothing. It is definitely the same feed, I've traced it back and everything. What could be the problem? Please help, it's so embarrassing that I can't get my lights working!

Have you tested for continuity between the two switches. Or try open the second switch to see if the conductors are tightly connected to that switch. But I suspect that there is a broken conductor between the two switches

Here are some of the possibilities -

1) Test that you are getting the Phase at the input points of the switch-2 i.e......checking phase presence at input ?......
2) make switch ON and check that you are getting phase input at other end of the switch in the case-1 is true ..... to identify is there a problem with switch ?.....
3) If both cases are true you need to go the the light source and check that you are getting the phase there or not.....once again the continuity...... detection of wire from switch-2 to load

I hope this will resolve your problem....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.