Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me out in the regarding Problem HFSS/MAXWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil740406232

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to ask why my vortex is not complete? This is my simulation diagram of the wireless charging system. The following picture is the eddy current on the shield plate. Theoretically, the eddy current should be complete around the boundary, but mine is not complete. The mesh is set using Skin Depth.

Guys your help will be appreciated, if somebody have a knowledge in HFSS/Maxwell regarding Mesh / Losses, please share their knowledge.

捕获.PNG

What type of solver are you using and what boundary conditions are you using? specifically, have you set an airbox/PML or are you using auto-open options? What solve frequency? Is it possible that the solve frequency you are viewing is not the operating frequency? Did your adaptive passes converge?

What type of solver are you using and what boundary conditions are you using? specifically, have you set an airbox/PML or are you using auto-open options? What solve frequency? Is it possible that the solve frequency you are viewing is not the operating frequency? Did your adaptive passes converge?
Hi, Thanks for your kind reply, Actually I am working in Ansys Maxwell using Eaddy Current solver, about the boundry condition, its not a specific in the research, about the airbox i am using region for the system (You can say Auto-open option in the Maxwell Specified (Region)). about the Frequency I am using 85KHZ.

About the adaptive passes yes, they converge, getting no error in that case.

Waiting from your side for a solution... !!!!

So unfortunately I am much less familiar with Maxwell than HFSS. I can suggest some things that might be worth looking into. Look at the vector field for the surface current and it might be there forming loops, but experiencing destructive interference which is why it is not showing up on the magnitude plot. I also am not familiar with the theory and mathematics for eddy currents, so my intuition is perhaps wrong. What material is the plate? Try meshing just the surface. HFSS will calculate the skin depth and include skin losses automatically so you can get away without seeding inside the conductor. Hope this helps, I can always come up with more suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back