Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me in my issue , Hex value from my RFID Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot1639

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I bought wavetrend RFID l-Rx201 , for long range RFID tag reader , and it small and work great in my PC.

now I come to integrated to micro controller (pic18f25k22) and use mikroc as a compiler .

the red box is one packet that shows the tag information and receiver info . under green line , 0x23 0x3A, it is tag Id which is 9018. and the 0x33 and 0x00 is a dont care value and it always should be same . the 0x6C it is signal strength and it always change depend on the tag if it is near to RFID receiver or far a way (it is from 0x00 to 0xFF. )

m5zn_dee9e4f1dc34073.png

now i write simple code to chick if the RFID tag in area or not , if it is is blink LED , and if not, it keep led off , ( this code work fine) it similer for the one in bottom but remove the compare if and move LED to IF loop in i=4...

now I try to develop the code to switch on the LED if the RFID signal strength is bigger than 180 , that mean bigger than 0xB4 which mean the tag is near to RFID receiver for about 5m , if it is more than 5m (that mean it should be lower than 0xB4) it shold not give me LED ,

the problem now it always give LED if I am far or near to RFID ?????????? but if the tag not in area of the RFID receiver, it will keep the LED OFF.

now ,how can I mange to compare the hex value of the signal strength ????? if i wanted to be more than 0xb4 ?????

this is a code

Code:
unsigned long  i;
char tmp;
char hexStrn [4] = {0x23,0x3A,0x33,0x00};

void main() {
initialization();  // config the value
LED();
i=1;
found =1;

while(1){
  if (UART1_Data_Ready()){