Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Planar coil inductance's variations measurment

Status
Not open for further replies.

azannn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
i'm currently working on a project where i have to design a RLC circuit on a paper. L will be a planar coil and R & C : surface mounted components But before doing that i have some theory to resolve : i have to find which RLC circuit is the most suited to measure the inductance variation of L as function of the frquency, and why is it the best circuit.
Can someone help me finding answers ?
Thank you very much

Large Henry value is associated with:

High time constant (L/R)
Low frequency
Low current

High Farad value is associated with:

High time constant (R*C)
Low frequency
High current

If little current is available, then choose large inductance, and small C.

I chose a RLC series circuit to do this, so if i put a large inductance and a small C what should i put for the resistor value ?
Thank you

Usually the area of interest is the LC resonant frequency. Then the coil and capacitor create identical reactance. Equal sine amplitudes are across both components.

By making R the same ohm value, you have impedance matching >at that frequency<. Equal sine amplitudes appear across all components.

Okey i see now, and is it from the resonance frequency that we measure the inductance's variation as function of the frequency ?
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back