Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Place to get cheap PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoejohn

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone know a cheap place to make pcb? I am thinking of making a 4in x 4in board. All the places ive looked at, with a 4in x 4in it would cost roughly $90 to $100! I am looking for places that could possibly cost me $50 or less. I am hobbyist but I get discouraged making projects because it cost so much more when you can just buy one for cheaper.

to make one board double sided 6x6 cost $15 plus chemicals $15and time to drill $6 for drills makes it around it depending on how many holes thats about an hour. I can make one in about 1.5- 2 hrs. At $50 that is a total profit of $14 you can make more money at Mcdonalds.

Have you considered making your own boards? 4"X4" is actually fairly large and is not a common dimension. Something like 3X4 or 4X6 is more common in the US. Here are the offerings from DigiKey: https://www.digikey.com/product-sea...boards-unperforated/2359509?k=pcb prototyping

Since you may not be familiar with the nomenclature, here's a quick note: If you are going to use toner transfer, you just want a plain "clad" board. That is, just plain copper on FR4. If you want to use the photoresist method, you want a "coated" or "pre-sensitized" board. Finally, you can buy "unclad" boards, which are simply the FR4 backing with no copper. So, be sure you order the right thing. A 4X6 board, single sided and with just plain copper (no photoresist) coast about $6.00. If you hunt for surplus dealers, you can get it cheaper.

Finally, if you are making just one and using mostly through-hole components, you may want to consider using perf or strip board.

John

seeedstudio offers 10x10cm that's about 4"x4" for $25, and you have 10 of them for that price.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back