Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

place part in expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.

moustafaali

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
when i place part in the expedition board there are an ability to select an option make it fixed or locked what is the difference between them

It means you cannot move it once it's fixed or locked.

If in Place mode, you can place a selection box on numerous parts. Only unfixed and unlocked parts will move, the fixed or locked parts will not move.

You can also select the appearance texture for locked and fixed parts so that you can tell by looking at them if they are indeed fixed or locked.

YES I KNOW BUT I ASK ABOUT WHAT IS THE DIFFEREBNT BETWEEN THEM
LOCKED AND FIXED
THANKS
MOUSTAFA

Basically, fixed and locked are the same. You can not move the cell once it is placed.

The only difference is, if you fix a part, then unfix it to move it, it will move .
If the part was locked, unfixing it will have no effect and you can't move it.

So, lets say you have 5 parts that require critical location on a board. Of the 5, 3 parts must always remain at a specific location, the other 2 parts can move.

You would thus fix 2 parts, and lock 3 parts. Now doing a block selection on the 5 parts and unfixing them, only 2 of the parts will move. The locked parts will not.

Yes, lock is a super-fix that you would normally use for cells/parts that will
never move again. A good example is the cells for which the position is set
by mechanical constraints. E.g. the connectors, screws, leds...

You lock the above parts/cells first then finish placing the remaining parts playing with (un)fix
to (un)freeze temporarily some of these parts while searching for final placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back