Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin configuration for glass breaking sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hez_91

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am working on a anti house breaking system project and i just purchased a glass breaking sensor. However, I am not sure how to configure the pins of the glass breaking sensor.

It has +, -, Relay NC, RelayCOM and 2 anti-tamper output pins.

Here is the datasheet.
**broken link removed**

I have no problems with the +, - and output pins but a little confused with the relay pins.
Can anyone help me with that?

Have a look at the attached picture ..
When sensor is trigged the active path goes via RLY(Comm) and RLY(NO), so the loop RLY(COmm)-RLY(N.C) is open..

IanP
:D

hez_91

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the help.

My aim is to get a logic "1" when the sensor detects a glass break for microcontroller program to trigger a series of events.

I have connected
+ to Vcc
- to Ground.

Where should I connect the rest of the pins to?

Connect RLY[Comm] to GND ..
Connect a pullup resistor to +5V and RLY[N.C]

When the sensor is not activated the RLY pulls the signal down to GND – logic ‘0’ ..
When the sensor is activated, the RLY's contact is open and the pull-up resistor pulls the voltage up to 5V – logic ‘1’ ..
See attached picture ..

IanP
:D

hez_91

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back