Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezo switch electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beffo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
piezo switch

I'm building a flashlight for scuba diving. I ordered a piezo electronic switch of internet as it is very robust and has no moving parts.

The problem is that it's output when pushed is a short pulse (length varies with push force). The lamp should toggle between on and off when the switch is pushed. There are guys on the internet that have used pic processors to control this on and off cycle when they use the piezo. But I want to build a simple circuit with few components. I had an idea to use a jk flip flop, conecting switch pulse to clk and high on j and k. The idea was to let the output to control a relay. It didnt work at all.

So, a little help please...

Data sheet, Sorry only in german
**broken link removed**

piezo switch circuit

Hello,

a flip-flop should work, e. g. CD4013 would be suitable for up to 15 V battery supply. It could be, that Schurter PSE output risetime is too slow to clock the flip-flop reliable. In this case, a schmitt-trigger gate (CD40106, CD4093) or a similar circuit should help.

Regards,
Frank

http://www.schurter.de/pdf/english/typ_PSE_M_16.pdf

Beffo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
simple piezo switch schematic

Thanks!

Will try it later this week...

how to use piezo switch with relay

A J-K should work just as well as a D-type.

Have you checked that the output of the FF is toggling (without connecting it to the relay)? It may just be the FF is not capable of driving the relay.
I don't really have any experience with relay's, but that's what I would check first. An op-amp (or some type of buffer) between the FF and the relay would fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.