Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezo drum trigger augmentation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonmanh3

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First, this is my first post on this forum and I apologize if it is in the wrong sub-forum. Secondly, my specialty is aeronautics, not electronics and I further apologize if this is an idiotic question.

Referring to the schematic named DD50_CD from the Yamaha

I have hacked into a Yamaha DD50 and can now play the unit using external ION drum triggers. The hack works but I would like to increase the sensitivity of the pads in conjunction with the Yamaha unit.

One idea I had was to build a charge amplifier between the drum pad trigger inputs and the Yamaha circuit board. Before I go this route, I wanted to ask if it were possible to change the capacitor/resistor values of the input circuit just after the piezo trigger to increase the overall charge from the piezo in the ION drum trigger?

For example, regarding PAD7 (location H2 of the schematic) I am asking if any of R58, R65, C19, R72, R79 could be changed to optimize the sensitivity of the pad?

Thanks in advance,
John

After some more digging, I have found this relevant article on the web **broken link removed**.

It looks like my only option is to play with the RC circuit values.

Thank you very much for bringing me to find a service manual.

I could not believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.