Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicStart Plus & REV ID & DEV ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickE

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I read out the Device ID and Revision ID (silicon REV ID) bits of PIC18 MCU with PS+ programmer?

NickE

NickE said:
How can I read out the Device ID and Revision ID (silicon REV ID) bits of PIC18 MCU with PS+ programmer?

NickE

Hello NickE,

I'm shure you can't read these parameters with PICSTART+. It's a low cost development programmer and It have a lot of limitations.
You could see a complete description in these link:
h**p://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010020&part=DV003001

To do it, you must have ICD2. ICD2 is a real-time debugger and programmer, and when you connect to a device for debuggin mode, the ICD2 detects the uC.

There is a project to build your own ICD2 on line, and if you search there is a topic in this site too.

You could find more information about the ICD2 capabilities on:
h**p://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010046&part=DV164005

By,

GuillerMo (AR)

Thanks!

I have an ICD2, but I use PS+ to DIP package PICs. ICD2 to in system programming. Maybe I will build the adapters to programming DIP PICs with ICD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.