Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC32MX360F512L and PICKIt2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i have placed PIC32 device on a board, added supporting elements, all capactirors...but when i tried to program it with PICkit2 ICSP pins it gave me error: VPP voltage level error...

then...i tried to check it, i applied just 3.3 volts to the chip and checked its every VDD pin...they all were 3.3v too... but the VDDCORE pin was not 1.8v... it was 0 volts....

so what does that mean?

any help appreciated!

Problem may be with your soldering or connection...
If u have any picture of your board pls upload it.

soldering...i have checked with microscope, and tested the pins...no shorts...connection checked all correct...

Soldering : ok
Connection : ok
PicKit2 : ok

Then sure prblm is with ur PIC32...(But I can't believe that).

One more thing whats ur VDD volt. Bcoz it should be less than or aqu 3.6v.

Good luck

Power your device using an external voltage source.

Are you sure PICKit 2 supports that device? MPLab says that device is only supported by the newer PICKit 3 (and a few other tools).

jumper2high said:
Are you sure PICKit 2 supports that device? MPLab says that device is only supported by the newer PICKit 3 (and a few other tools).

Ya.
Only the standalone PicKit2 software, not by the mplab. Means you should use that application for programming and not MPLAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.