Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F pwm signal to RC ESC for control brushless motor..need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryToLearnMore

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..
Good day everyone.

I'am working on autonomous quadrotor project, i already buy 4 RC ESC with 4 Brushless motor.

I make connection from PIC18F4431 > (through signal cable)ESC > Motor.

The problem is after I program my PIC to send PWM signal through corresponding PIC pin connected to ESC signal cable, when I power up all setup, the motor not running and ESC just make beeb..beeb.. sound continuously.

first of all does the RC ESC can simply receive PWM signal from PIC for control the motor.

Hi,
at first refer to maual of your ESC, because all of today's ESC have inbuilt check for control pulse width and correct position of throttle stick on RC transmitter after power up. If ESC is not satisfied with input signal characteristic, then it makes beep..beep and maybe many other nice sound effects :)
Also check our generated signal on oscilloscope - RC model ESC need servo control compatible signal - pulse width 1us to 2us nominal generated with 20ms period.
Great source of related informations:
A newbie's guide to UAVs - DIY Drones

Regards
Pavel.

Status
Not open for further replies.