Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f + program + burn = ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoha

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every one
im a complete newbie

i have pic18f452

i wrote its program into mikroC,
simple it takes analg signale from temperature sensor (lm35dz) converts it into analog, then compares the value and choose how many leds to turn on (from 7 leds connected to port B)
if the temperature reached a certain value, it turns on a buzzer
the program is error free.

what do i want ? i need to burn this program into the pic.
i have JDM with serial port, using winpic800 program , i set the in hardware properties the jdm programmer but didnt know what options eactly to choose in the jdm configuration.

everytime i press read all it reeturns all 1,
detect device -> device detected but UNKNOWN
verify all -> at 99% it returns a stupid error "verifying adress 0x000000 verified 0xef25 read : 0xffff" ...

im in need of solving this issue, please help me[/quote]

Hi,

First question - have you programmed any chip with that programmer ?

They are very simple devices and can be problematical.

Just search this forum - there is a lot of info about JDM programmers in these pages

I have experienced a similar problem with JDM and winpic800 when programming the 16 series PICs. But I have no problems with icprog. Try it instead of winpic800.

Strangely, winpic800 and JDM worked well with a 18F2550. I am confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.