Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f877a home alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzazinho2001

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
In my project of end of study I need to make a Home Alarm System with sending SMS to my phone using
PIC16F877A with ASSEMBLY language.

So i'm stuck on writing source code on assembly.
My Problem 1 : is I dont know how to write a source code for LCD and SIM900 with ASSSEMBLY
LANGUAGE
My problem 2 : is I need to make a password to disable alarm when it activated so i use a keyboard but I
don't know how to interface it and how to write source code with ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE
My Problem 3 : is if there is an instruction to change the phone number and password from the keyboard
and appears in LCD

Please I want your urgent help as I have to postpone the project before 29/04/2019

THANKS

Attachments

• PROJET.rar
    103.2 KB · Views: 62

The quickest way to get source code in assembly is to dis-assemble a .hex file, created with a high level language, into assembly language using a converter program such as PICDisasm.exe. If a C or other compiler creates a list file, this is also the source code in assembly.

Last edited:

The quickest way to get source code in assembly is to dis-assemble a .hex file, created with a high level language, into assembly language using a converter program such as PICDisasm.exe. If a C or other compiler creates a list file, this is also the source code in assembly.

HI
FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
After I searched everywhere and got my hands on a project that fits what I want
Then the project is a system of alarm with password which consists of sending an alert message in the event of an intruder who enters the password incorrectly 3 times, with the possibility of changing the password and resetting it in case of forget about the password
So what I want to add to this project is:
1-A mermaid (Sounder) activated when the intruder enters 3 times the wrong password at the same time as sending the alert
2-As we can change the password by clicking on the key (#) I want to change also change the phone number by clicking for example on the key (*)
The actual password is : 000000

PLEASE HELP
THANKS

Attachments

• POST.rar
    76.9 KB · Views: 63

Well.... I've been programming in assembly language and 'C' since the 1970s and i wouldn't attempt such a project if the deadline for completion was less than 24 hours.
I assume this is a task set as part of your studies so copying someone else's code and disassembling it would not earn you any points - if I was the tutor I would immediately throw it back at you.

Hints:
1. Start by writing a SMALL chunk of code and assembling it, keep debugging until it doesn't show any errors. You need to learn how an assembler works.
2. Use a flow chart.
3. Add code in sections, start with the LCD so you can at least see what the output would be.
4. Add keypad code and work out how to make the keys show on the display as you press them.
5. Add the SIM900 code and make sure it calls and answers as you want it to.
6. stick all the code sections together.

I'm afraid asking someone else to do your work is frowned upon here, we will help YOU write code but not do it for you, especially with a time constraint.

Brian.

HI
I know that the delay is so little but I must absolutely finish my project otherwise I am dead
Please, if you can do something for me

THANKS

Which assembler do you have available? Start by showing what you have done so far.

The file you attached already has an 'asm' file which you should be able to adapt to reassemble but it is plainly obvious it is derived from a high level source and it has no comments in it to indicate what each part does.

Brian.

Developing custom software takes time. Writing and debugging is a slow process, especially when you can't give us a full specification.
Even if one of us was to do your work for you (and we won't!) it would take longer than one day.

Brian.

On weekends this forum gets fewer readers (as compared to weekdays).

You specify particular devices for your project. These require particular knowledge to get those devices to talk to one another. And it takes particular skill in programming and in wireless communication protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.