Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F ADC versus PIC18F ADC which is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snishanth512

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I heard that PIC16F ADCs are not efficient and reliable.

Is that true ?

I am using PIC16F877A for my project.

Input to the ADC is sine signal with frequency between 0.5 to 4 Hz.

Should I need to use PIC18F ?

For 0.5 to 4 Hz input frequency you can uses 16 series. if you go for 18 serial you will get high speed and high resolution adcs

As stated, some PIC18 devices may have better performance if you need it but there is nothing inefficient or uneliable about the ADC in any of other PIC devices, they work extremely well.
For such low frequencies, unless you need extreme resolution, any of the PIC12 or PIC16 series with an ADC should be adequate.

Brian.

PIC18F is better than PIC16F because it has program code of 32KByte while PIC16 has program code of 8kbyte
*program code= volume of HEX file can I use in PIC memory

I heard that PIC16F ADCs are not efficient and reliable.

Is that true ?

I am using PIC16F877A for my project.

Input to the ADC is sine signal with frequency between 0.5 to 4 Hz.

Should I need to use PIC18F ?

many professional products like voltmeter , ups,stabilizer, charger are designed on pic16 base.
so you don't worry about it.
Also your frequency is very low so don't worry 16f877 is suitable for this very low frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.