Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC12F629 Calibration Value Erased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Warrior

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
programs pic12f629

I have erased whole PIC12F629 including calibration value. Now how to put again those values. Please suggest.

Hi, you may use ICProg to put call value, see picture,
regards

Thanks for reply. Should I program 34A0 value in that area. Can you please give me location where should I copy this value.

Added after 5 minutes:

I want to make the programmer which is the best and can you send me circuit diagram for the programmer.

The 34 is a RETLW instruction, the bit we're interested in is the calibration value. In the example above it is 8C but it will vary from one device to another which is why it is important to know the actual value in each PIC.

it's mean that calibration value is 34XX, but XX is factory calibration for each pic, well you can try a value like 34A0 or 348C or many others

"If you have lost the setting you can calculate a new value using the project here"

but the link is dead

maybe help you :

http://picprojects.org.uk/projects/piccal.htm

Thanks for the link. Nice article. Thanks again.

Hi, Which tool did you use to program and erease the PIC ?. Some programs like MPLAB store the cal value in a file on your harddisk :)

I used SmartProg universal programmer.

Added after 7 minutes:

The SmartProg programmer has a feature which preserve the calibration bits, but I made an mistake and erased whole device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back