Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC to control 3 DC motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kez22

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, for a project I need to control 3 motors, turning on, turning off, and going forwards and backwards. Speed control shouldnt be needed.

From what I've read, to make each motor reverse I need to use a H bridge, with 4 inputs, on each one. So if I want to control all three motors from one PIC controller I will need a PIC with at least 12 outputs, is that right? If so, do you have any suggestions for the PIC I should use?

Thanks

Wrong; you need to use only 2 input to a H bridge. You may be mixing it up with how many states a
H bridge can have.

you can use a latches .... and put the control signal through any latch per motor

Hi,
You need 6 output pins from PIC and so, you can use any PIC that has over 6 IO lines.

The smallest I can think of is PIC16F676, you can go all the way up to 40 pins if you like, but a 14-pin 16F676 is good enough.

For H-bridge you can use L298 or similar driver or discrete H-bridge design.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

hello,
you should use 3 pic in order to control 3 dc motor,
I used to 12f675 because i can easily control everymotor and also you can controls speed by this way. i hope this chip will be helpful ERDINCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back