Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC negative voltage analog read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karolina_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I have an output which changes from -15 to +15 and i need to display it on the LCD display using PIC18F45k22 and mikroC pro language has been used. But the problem is that 15V is too high and it cant read negative values. What is the best way of doing it. I really appreciate any help or idea.
Thank you

Hi,

A frequently asked question .... with many discussions and solutions... in this forum .... and even more in the internet.

The solution depends on:
* ADC input range
* desired precision
* signal frequency

Please do a search, read through the search results...
Then give enough informations and ask a more detailed question....best if you give documents, links...which you refer to.

Klaus

The Falstad applet is a good example of a circuit that simulates correctly with an ideal OP model but never works with a real OP. OP inputs need to be flipped, feedback must be negative.

A simple 5k:1k voltage divider with Vref = 3V does essentially the same, don't necessarily need an OP, unless you want higher input resistance.

Reactions: j33pn

j33pn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.