Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic equivalent of atmega 8,32

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacusdheda

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am an avr person, i,ve by far used atmega in every project of mine. Plz anybody can suggest pic ic's which are equivalent of atmega8 or atmega32 ? i also expect some explanation over their nomenclature, which is much more confusing & look one & same.

you can use PIC16F877A
It's got 2 CCP module, USART, A/D, 5 Ports and
all the general features.

abacusdheda said:
i am an avr person, i,ve by far used atmega in every project of mine. Plz anybody can suggest pic ic's which are equivalent of atmega8 or atmega32 ? i also expect some explanation over their nomenclature, which is much more confusing & look one & same.
If you are looking to shift ti PIC due to the Atmel crisis and non-availability of the devices, i suggest you to wait for 3-4 weeks time. I ahd a long discussion with a leading importer of atmel who says the AVR devices will be regular in stock and in dropped prices at the end of August onwards. I am too waiting for a bulk order to be recieved from Atmel.
Cheers

@pranam77:its not that i am weary of issues posted by you, just wanted to get my hands on PIC, which is supposedly a different kind of thing(or rather which is used in industries etc.) i think(regarding what you mentioned),if need arises and if pic's are available i can safely continue my work, so its always beneficial to have some extra knowledge
@mitanshi: can you help me with type of programmer we need for the abovementioned ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back