Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC composite (CDC + HID) - failed to modify MLA (MSD+HID)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjb741

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Despite opening a case with Microchip, I'm unable to make a composite CDC+HID device work (no matter how simple).

Microchip were helpful - but I still have no working solution. they told me

"The MCC USB Device Lite library does not support creation of a composite device in an easy way at the moment. The customer could however create USB code for HID and CDC separately using MCC and join the two by updating the configuration, interface and endpoint descriptors along with addition of the HID + CDC API .c files thus creating a composite device. The usb_events.c file will also need to be combined as the class level enumeration descriptors differ for CDC and HID."

This is basically what I have tried to do - I used the MLA "composite_hid_msd" as a template, and did my best to modify it to be hid+cdc. No luck though.

I am hoping I do not have to write a driver/inf becuase the classes are well known invidually.

Has anyone here got a simple example of this composite device (CDC+HID) working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back