Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic 18f6527 serial communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

manj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I am working on project for interfacing gsm modem with pic.for sending the at commands i used routine for transmission through uart.
write_string("AT\r\n")
for this I wrote the fun as-
void write_string(unsigned char *str)
{
while(*str!='\0')
{
TXSTAbits.TXEN=1;
TXREG=*str;
while(!TXSTAbits.TRMT);
str++;
TXSTAbits.TXEN=0;
}
}
but if I passed string as written above m getting garbage value and if i passed array like unsigned char a[]="AT\r\n"
then m getting exactly what i want i.e. AT\r\n
so i wrote 2 different routines for this still i got garbage value for the direct passing of string. why is this so because same routine I have used it for 8051 and haven't face any problem???

You have to make TRMT zero after the while(!TXSTAbits.TRMT) loop. Try making *str as global variable and assing it some default value like
unsigned char *str = " ";. See if that works.

Last edited:

hi
I have tried as you said but still same for sending string directly m getting garbage value. and I was getting warning also that suspicious pointer conversion.??? I am not getting why is this so because same logic I have applied for 8051 controller and it works but for pic m getting garbage value and also warning...

sorry for late reply I have tried by that way also still the same.so now m using printf statement but still not getting whats the problem with writing string directly using write_string fun.?

Status
Not open for further replies.