Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 18F485 Programming Problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raz_e_del

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
18f485

HI .
I Want to Program a PIC 18F485 but I Could't ...
I tried Picall(https://www.picallw.com) software and IC-Prog with PIC16PRO Hardware(**broken link removed**) ... but does't Work . All about Hardware is ok , but Software not respond Verify .
Please Help me ...

You should check to see if you need to invert signals in ICPROG by toggling bits on the parallel port and measuring the resulting voltages on the MCLR, and programming pins (the 7406's in the design invert the signals).

David Tait has some free programming software that provides this debugging functionality at **broken link removed** Your programmer is basically a Tait programmer.

I had Inversed Data and Clock signals and tested it by IC-Prog and Picallw and measured output voltage . it's ~5v for data and clock and VDD and about 13.2 v for MCLR/VPP . what do i do ?
Is there any deferent beetwin PIC18 and other PICs , in this case ?

Added after 11 minutes:

Is it necessary to assign a LPT pin for On/Off VDD while using ICSP?
because I have Disable this feature by bypassing Vdd through Micro , since I imagin this feature ( switching VDD ) is not useless when programming through ICSP , and this feature is seperated from ICSP in schematics .
is it wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.