Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Photonic Band Simulation, MPB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hassanagha

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use mpb software

I have to simulate Photonic Band Gap in Photonic crystal for SLOW Light.
As I searched the Net, May be MIT Photonic Band (MPB) can be usefull,

But As I am new about Linux (Unix), realy I dont know this software can be helpfull for my propose or not?

any body has solution to install it on Windows?

Thanks

mpb and meep

try cygwin on windows
for installing a linnux software in windows
env....

google it to find it....

eda board mpb

If you can get through linux, it is absolutely useful, you can calculate band structure for photonic crystals using mpb and also you can use MEEP (another free source software by MIT) to simulate your structures using Finite Difference Time Domain method.
If you have recently started to use linix, I stongly recommend you to use Debian or Ubonto. mpb and meep are easier to install under these distributions.

photonic bands software forum

thanks for your reply
finally I already choose same solution: to use mpb in linux.
I tried Fedora, not very good experience!
then change it to ubuntu.
great.

Now I am using MPB on ubuntu

Thanks all for help.

band simulator software

debian and ubontu are the best candiadates for using mpb and meep. they have distributed instalation packeges for debian( which have the same kernel as ubontu). if you can get them to work, they are much faster (compared to any code written in matlab, since thhy use c++ and also their softwares support dual cpu),

Re: photonic bands software forum

thanks for your reply
finally I already choose same solution: to use mpb in linux.
I tried Fedora, not very good experience!
then change it to ubuntu.
great.

Now I am using MPB on ubuntu

Thanks all for help.

I want to download MPB from MIT on my Ubuntu, but I am not successful. Although it is howing tha MPB is installed but its not live. I mean when i type MPB--version, it is not showin any version. If i run a ctl file it is giving the following error.

"ERROR: In such open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directly: "usr/share/libctl3/base/
include.scm"

Could you please help me, how to successfully install MPB. I am able to run Meep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back