Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Philips anubis-s dd question on power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco antonio

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
anubis s dd

I have a doubt about the power supply as you know you may use a 100 w lamp to load the power supply and then check the voltages. I did so and the voltages were
correct, the HOT collector was disconected. But when I connect the collector again the voltage I get is 130 v instead of 95v and the tv doesnot work at all. My question is the power supply correct and the protection is working.
Please I will appreciatte your comments
rgds
marco

anubis philips

You need to know that the +B is only 95v when loaded. The standby +B can be 112-115v but NOT as high as 130v as in your situation! Try to run the tv by pressing any of the +ch or -ch and then measure the +B. If your tv fails to run and the power LED flickers it means you have "over-volts"(x-ray) protection working. You may need to check/replace vcc cap for the TDA4605 smps controller or the +B smoothing caps.
Good luck..

anubis a philips

Tendi
I will change de caps you mention to, thanks
marco

Problem was the TDA4605-3 happily I found and change it. tv works fine. I found TDA4605 I replaced but it did not work. What is the diference between TDA4605,tda 4605-3. Datasheet only shown tda4605.
rfds
marco antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back