Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase neutal reversal detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo All,
I want to detect phase neutral reversal in single phase system which dont have earth connection.Can anybody suggest circuit for the same.
Regards,
tramp

reversal of voltage or current? can you provide any specs?

Reversal of voltage.240V/50Hz need a circuit which can differentiate phase & neutral.
If phase & neutral are connected with reverse polarity(ie neutral in place of phase & viceversa) circuit should detect this fault condition.
Thanks & regards
tramp

Do you have a ground connection? You need something to reference Phase and Neutral to.

Use a high amp diode in sereis with Neutral connection. The diode should be in reverse means Anode from the circuit and cathode return to AC Wall outlet. I think this should solve your problem but remember that the Diode should be able to take huge currents.

Thank you

Dear Friends

Actually we should not call AC as reverse. It is reverse and it happens 50 times in a second. Hence it is know as Alternating Current. Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.