Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PDF file downloads during Google search in Win7 with Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCinFLA

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering if anyone has seen this issue and knows solution.

When doing a Google search where a PDF file download is involved a yellow popup bar appears at top. Selecting 'download file' causes browser to immediate kicks out to browser home page.

Weird part is if you go immediately back to location and select the same PDF file it downloads immediately without yellow popup bar.

I am guessing it is has something to do with security blocks in IE8 and probably can be remedied with right option setting in security options.

Try this:

Open Adobe Reader ..
Open the Edit menu and select Preferences ..
On the left hand side of the preferences window, select the Internet category ..
Uncheck the "Display PDF in browser" option ..

It should first download a pdf file and then open it in the Reader ..

IanP
:wink:

That was one of first things I tried, no luck.

I did a google search on issue and seems a few people are having same problem.

There was a response by Microsoft on one of the forums dated in Oct 2010 with couple of suggestions to try. They don't seem to have a clue on how to fix it either as none of their suggestions worked. Guess they are not too inclined to worry about making Adobe reader or Google search operate in MS environment.

Seems to have something to do with Trusted Sites but just putting Google in Trusted Site doesn't cover search results site spawning.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.