Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC power supply performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_yls

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently, I'm doing some research about the PC power supply performance in market. I wish to know some of the specification of PC power supply from different manufacturer, like the efficiency, the internal resistance, the ripple and other parameters.

Please give some advice, where can i get the information? Thank you.

PSU manufacturer product specs usually don't say much, as you've probably discovered. I've seen ripple and efficiency measurements in some product reviews. Maybe they will help you a little. Here's one (30 pages long):
**broken link removed**

Here are several industry design guides, such as ATX12V and EPS12V, in case you need them:
**broken link removed**
http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=1&CatID=2

Thank you very much.

By the way, what's the meaning of "power supply efficiency"? It's same as transformer efficiency or power loss? How to calculate the power supply efficiency?

Yes, power supply efficiency is simply total output watts divided by input watts (times 100 if you want percentage).

Status
Not open for further replies.