Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC INTERFACE BOARD interface between PC software and electronic hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynxysh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a testing project,now i have to test my hardware by using my software that located in PC.How I'm going to start to do so that I can
get those result in PC when my hardware is functioning?How I'm going to do only can let my hardware connect with my PC?Am I have to use some sort of interface card?I need lot support here TT.

How your hardware is connected? Normally, hardware can be conneted through Serial, USB as well as some other interface such as ethernet, PS/2

kindly describe your hardware detail in brief..
serial port will be very easy.

I know there is many way to connect to pc,serial port,gba,usb...but i really hope i can understand the most difficult part,interface card.my hardware need to measure voltage,current values,..once i click 'run' in my software,the hardware can get the signal and power on pc.the hardware is a testing printer board.Testing the voltage and current of the stepper motor,detect whether the lan and usb connected to pc.may any1 let me know how rs232,usb and serial port to transfer data between pc and hardware?thanks alot XD

You can use Microsoft Visual Basic for designing the software,
at the hardware part, u can use Microcontroller such as PIC16F877a,
then use the UART.. So u will enable to use RS232..
visit this site to learn more..

thelocxresearch.tk
**broken link removed**

can get more info?only a little bit tutorial only.....XD

actually what you want to test? what you want to display at your PC side?

I only need to test sensor and stepper motor and i can display those measurement in pc.Is that any way to do that?

what type of sensor? yes, just like i said before, u need a microcontroller,
such as pic16f877a, it include UART module, which mean you can connect it to the computer via
serial port. at the microcontroller side, u need to program it to capture all signal from your sensor,
then by using UART module included at microcontroller, all data collected from the sensor can be sent at your computer.

At the PC side, u need to develop the interface by using Visual Basic,
the latest visual basic is VB2010, you can download for free at microsoft.com.. not trial or beta..
it express version.. by using vb u will able to read the data transmited from the uC then display it at your very big wide screen monitor.

this is surface information that i can give. more detail, mybe you need to do some homework by using google text book or search around this forum and find for pic16f877a uart circuit, pic16f877a uart source code, vb serial port source code. or if you dont have any experience in VB, learn the basic first.

thank you for ur detail replies.but i already have my own software ,i think i need to practise and study more about microcontroller's program.but before that.can i know how to test those gap sensor and head cover sensor in printer?measure by Voltage?

gap sensor? did you mean you want to read the distance value?

if yes, i think you can buy this sensor,
Welcome to Cytron Technologies - Robot . Head to Toe : PIC Training Malaysia, PIC Microcontroller

by using this sensor, you will be able to read the analog signal produce by the sensor, mean you can read the voltage range everytime it detect an obstacle in different range.

about head cover sensor in printer, im not sure what is the sensor. but if im not mistake, printer can only detect whether the cover is closed or not. so i think the simple solution to detect is by using limit switch.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

my hardware is a printer,now i have to design a software to testing the printer's different voltage,it's gap sensor and head cover sensor,stepper motor and thermal
heater print without using any electrical part to test but to test its voltage,current in pc so that i know those hardware are working properly.example like a stepper
motor i can use an load resistor to measure its voltage to know that it is functioning o not.but the problem now how i need to know the range of voltage i need to measure so that i know motor is working fine??

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

:razz:my hardware is a printer,now i have to design a software(my own software,not VB) to testing the printer's different voltage,it's gap sensor and head cover sensor,stepper motor and thermal heater print without using any electrical part to test but to test its voltage,current in pc so that i know those hardware are working properly.example like a stepper motor i can use an load resistor to measure its voltage to know that it is functioning o not.but the problem now how i need to know the range of voltage i need to measure so that i know motor is working fine??

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

:razz:my hardware is a printer,now i have to design a software(my own software,not VB) to testing the printer's different voltage,it's gap sensor and head cover sensor,stepper motor and thermal heater print without using any electrical part to test but to test its voltage,current in pc so that i know those hardware are working properly.example like a stepper motor i can use an load resistor to measure its voltage to know that it is functioning o not.but the problem now how i need to know the range of voltage i need to measure so that i know motor is working fine??

ok.. so u have a few sensor to test rite?
u need to check what is the output of the sensor..
it maybe analog or digital signal..
after you have specify what is the output then only you can decide:

1.how to process the data?
2.how to design the circuit?

and one more question, what software that u use to design your own software?

that is why i headache now because i dunno how to process the data from sensor no matter it is digital or analog. ><

after you have specify what is the output then only you can decide:

1.how to process the data
2.how to design the circuit

actually im telling you, not asking you, you need to specify what is the output of the sensor first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back